Ensuring good English in effective technical writing is an issue of critical significance, to bring clarity, so that it serves its purpose.
For better understanding of this checklist, the readers should read the following blogs, published earlier by us, and as given below
We must note here that in technical writing, the use of functional English should always be preferred. This helps to bring clarity and brevity and make the reports readable.
Technical report writers should always observe the following rules-
- Do not make sentences too long
- Do not show wordiness or verbosity
- Use active verbs in technical writing
- Do not use a noun, where a verb can be used
- Punctuate properly
- Do not underplay key ideas
- Avoid multiple adjectives,verbiage and abbreviations as far as possible
- Try to use the same tense all through
- Make efforts to follow conventions on presentation of numbers
- Do not dodge
- Prefer the concrete word to the abstract word and short word to long word
- Avoid jargons and clichés
Ripples Learning is continuously striving to add value to knowledge pertaining to human resource field, through its blogs and different state of the art programs.
For knowing more about us, please go through the following websites: